Another way to get your metabolic burst is to combine your own muscle training exercises with cardio moves such as power walking, elliptical, jumping rope, stair climbing, lunges, dancing, stationary biking and/or treadmill.
Here are some tools you can use: At home items such as a stair well, front door step, and a soft rug to walk/jog in place to protect your feet and lessen the impact is perfect tools for the cardio portion. For resistance training choose light hand weights 3-5 pounds for upper body training or if you don't have hand weights you can use soup cans in a pinch.
Power Shaping Guidelines
1. Write it down - Make sure you schedule your workouts and write them down in your journal this week. Sit down right now with your journal and schedule your workouts for the rest of the week and then commit yourself to making those dates with yourself. Shoot for a minimum of five days per week for 20-60 minutes of continuous exercise. This will help to raise your metabolism while reprogramming your muscles. You will shape up and feel great.
Make sure you always warm your body up before you start vigorous exercise. You can do this by with walking in place to music, doing some arm swings or just dance to your favorite high energy music. You cans also take it to the streets by walking around the block for five minutes and follow with five minutes of stretching for your calves, lower back, and hamstrings,
2. Train Smart - Cardio & Weight Segment
[ IMPORTANT: If you feel pain, stop consult your healthy physician. Always consult your health physician before undertaking any new exercise regime]
Begin your cardio segment after your stretch. Begin slow and gradually increase your intensity. Start by walking in place to music. After one minute, pick up a set of light hand weights or soup cans and slowly perform 20 repetitions of Biceps curls. Count 2 seconds to curl the weight up and 2 seconds to lower the weight back down. Then do the same with triceps.
After repeating that sequence two times all the way through. Place the weights down and do a set of 40 alternating lunges. Then pick up your weights and move on to other exercises. Then put down the weights and perform 40 repetitions of plie's. Keep alternating lower body exercises with upper body exercises. At the five-minute mark, take a break from both and walk your stairs, or do step training using a step on your porch. Walk around your block, jump on your treadmill or any other cardio equipment you may have. Perform that cardio for five minutes and start over the entire process from the beginning of the cardio set.
Your goal is 20-45 minutes of cardio/weight training. If you get tired, take a break and come back. Don't quit! Take it one minute at a time. Just keep moving toward your goal. If you really are unfit, then start with five minute intervals and stop id you get faint or dizzy. You must not quit. This is the beginning of your new life. Fatigue is a sign that your body is feeling the effect of the workout.
You can take as many breaks as you like. The goal over these ten weeks is to become fit enough to finish the entire workout. The more you hurt, the more your body needs to start gradually. The key is to start working on restoring your health and reclaiming your power back from life robbing food, negative people and unfortunate circumstances. Stay focused on your goal and never quit. You can go all the way! If I could do it, so can you.
3. Monitor Your Breathing - Once you start the cardio segment, monitor your intensity by measuring your breathing. To be in a good training range, you should be breathing a little heavy but not out of breath. You should be able to carry on a conversation while you are training. Count out loud, sing along with the music, or sing to your kids as they watch. Do some sort of speaking so that you can measure your intensity. Remember Week 1... Speak your destiny!
4. Journal Your Moods, Foods, & Dreams Ink it! - Write down your thoughts, victories and difficulties. Remember to weigh and measure your body this week so that you have an accurate measurement of what is happening with your body. Become a great steward of your body and your success. Write every thing down, then read it out loud to yourself. Look for clues as to why you did what you did, and make mental notes of what you can do better to improve every single day.
When it comes to food, write down every morsel you put into your mouth. Consider it's effect on your body and your long term goals. You have to ask yourself if the nutritional fuel that you consumed this will take you closer to your goal or set you back and move you further away? Once you identify what's going on, if it's good, keep it up, if it's bad, change it and plan ahead so that over time you develop a habit of eating what is best for your body and your health.
Your intentions don't determine your destiny, your habits determine your destiny. You know what works, so do what you know and make success a habit.
5. Track your success - Plan ahead daily. Write out your to do list and make your plans for each day and the entire week every night before you go to bed. Work your plan and plan on succeeding. Don't allow any one or anything to detour you this week. Consider the thousands of other team members on this journey with you, you are a team and you are connected by the spirit. They need your positive energy and success as much as you need theirs.
It takes a critical mass of people for a global change and we are going to change for the better together. We will improve and be different so that we can make a difference. Let's get healthy and change the health statistics in the world together. I will be with you in spirit and I will be Power shaping with you this week.
Your assignment this week:
Your journey of success begins with one task. DO one thing this week that you have been putting off that will give you a sense of accomplishment or enhance your life in some way.
Make it an Awesome Week! If each one of us touches one, we can change the world!
at 10:03 PM